Friday, July 6, 2012

Late Fourth of July Post

  So, I meant to post on the Fourth....here is a picture I was going to post on that day.


Sorry for not posting earlier!

Yesterday was swim team (aka torture - just kidding). We have a swim meet tomorrow. Not super exciting, huh? Swim meets are pretty much hot and boring (except for your races, which last for a minute or less - they can be scary =). Maybe I'm wrong, considering that I've been to only one swim meet. The fun things were getting to hang out with Kryn and getting to go get ice cream afterwards....plus, we got to have a sleepover the night before. The rest was full of sitting and being nervous. And getting sunburned. And forgetting to put your goggles on (don't judge me, please).

ANYWAY.............

We are also babysitting and my cousin and his wife are coming over this weekend. OH AND NEXT WEEK IS OUR CONCERT (remember I said I was in band camp?)!!!!!!!! SCARY. I like the flute and it's nice that it's quiet...if you're with the band and you mess up, nobody notices. =)

Yesterday at practice we had to do WAY TOO MUCH butterfly. Well, we attempted to do it. I pretty much flailed and somehow made it to the other end of pool without drowning.

I hope everyone had a great Fourth of July. I certainly did! My family and I went to my friend Brooke's house. My other friend, Andrea, and her family came, too. It was soooooooooo fun! We played in the pool, launched rockets, set off fireworks, and played with sparklers and pop-its. Oh, and did I mention, Andrea showed Brooke and me how to do cartwheels and handstands? I failed miserably with the cartwheels, and I (think) I sort-of-kind-of-maybe figured out the handstands....ok, not really. =) Anyway, it was great. Now I have tons of bug bites.

Here are a few pictures from the Fourth. Most of the others were of us goofing off - you probably don't want to see them. They were only slightly scary.




Hope your Fourth of July was as great as mine! Be sweet and comment - and don't forget to follow my blog! THANKS!

~ Emily ~

4 comments:

Kryn said...

I'm being sweet!! Does Andrea know she's on trend!?! Looks like fun!

Emily said...

Thanks! What do you mean? I have no idea....

Kryn said...

Ombre. See you tomorrow - (remember, "welcome to the worst day of your life" ?)

Emily said...

Ombre? Yes, I remember that, and I DON'T WANT TO GO TOMORROW!