Saturday, August 11, 2012

No Novelty Socks!



Yes...I tried it. It was not exactly wonderful. It was...strong. Like WAY too strong.

Well, I know this is short, but I just needed to tell you that right now my mother is looking at strange socks for my volleyball team. We've found some ones with things like flying pigs, cupcakes, ice cream, and a gator skin design (WEIRD!) on them. And now she's looking at ones with monkeys on them. I am only slightly scared. Oh, now it's a unicorn. OH MY, I AM TOTALLY TERRIFIED AT THE THOUGHT OF HAVING TO WEAR THESE! Our volleyball team is supposed to vote on what we want...PLEASE NO UNICORNS! AND I AM NOT AN ALLIGATOR! THEREFORE I SHOULD NOT BE WEARING GATOR SKIN!!!!

Hopefully my team has great tastes. Whatever happened to our plain neon socks? Hopefully nobody likes unicorns.

Or alligators.

But I know some of them DO like gators. OH DEAR!

Ok, this one may top them all - there's one pair with a MOOSE on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

There's some that look like a bucket of popcorn. And forget what I said about moose socks topping them all; there are some with GNOMES ON THEM!!!!!!!!!!! HELP ME! Stacy and Clinton (from What Not to Wear) would not approve! What were they saying about novelty socks the other day??!! Ok, I admit. I wear patterned socks INSIDE my shoes. They do not show. But do polk-a-dotted socks count as novelty socks? Do they? Great, they don't. I'm so glad you agree with me on this.


AHH, HELP, THERE ARE SOME WITH BIG FOOT ON THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


XOXO,
        Boring sock lover

4 comments:

Kryn said...

okay wow, I hope our team has good taste! (Although, I'm feeling the flying pig ones more!

Emily said...

Grace was talking to me about it last night; she thinks we should do the neon or something that matches our uniform - she thought maybe tye-dye. Red tye-dye would be much better than unicorns and stuff! ;)

Brooke said...

I know someone who would LOVE moose socks. LOL... I on the other hand, hope everyone on your team has more regular tastes!... it would be scarry to watch the players walk around with unicorns or moose on their socks! ha ha.

Emily said...

Me too! ;)