Monday, August 13, 2012

You Are Beautiful

{Excuse the ugly font on the photo above!}

It can be hard sometimes not to look in the mirror and think that you look bad. "I'm too fat, I'm too skinny, my legs are too short, my arms are too long, my nose is too big, my mouth is too small, my skin isn't perfect," etc., etc., etc. The list can go on forever, and it's different for each person.

The truth is, you're not ugly. You're "fearfully and wonderfully made" (see Psalm 139:14 - above photo). Beauty isn't about what's on the outside. It's about what's on the inside. And when you say that you're ugly, that's like saying to God, "Look at this piece of junk You made! You messed up big time."

 The Bible says in 1 Samuel 16:7, "The Lord told Samuel, "Don't look at his appearance or how tall he is....Humans look at outward appearances, but the Lord looks into the heart." It doesn't matter what you look like outside. What matters is what you look like on the inside.

Remember that Jesus loves you - no matter how you look, feel, or act. He made you for a reason. And he made you the way you are for a reason. He didn't make a mistake in making you. He never has and He never will....so don't think He did. The Lord has a purpose for you (see Psalm 138:8). You are special to Him, and He loves you oh-so-much.

One last thing: I realized the other day that the girls and women that I think are the cutest are ones that have hearts for the Lord. Sure, they're pretty on the outside, but most of all they are happy and confident. They don't look down on others. They truly care about others and their feelings. And they love Jesus. They are people I want to imitate, people I want to be like.

You can still want to look nice. Just don't obsess on it. Remember....



(just the way you are!) Let's all remember this (because I need to, too).


Have a great day, lovelies! 

OOPS!!!!!! I did it AGAIN! I used the same font. I PROMISE I won't do that again. Ugh. I like the font, but not THAT much! =)

1 comment:

Kryn said...

I know! I realized that a little while ago too! (about the girls I look up too.) And, I think you like this font because you've used it in the past three posts! Love ya!