Friday, September 21, 2012

Wasting Time

Prepare yourself for a goofy post. A random post. A long post.

I've been lazy. Ok, more like I had nothing to post. I mean, life has basically been filled with volleyball (TONS of it), tiredness, Wednesday classes, bruising my knees in volleyball, neon, being completely confused in band, the bestest (yes, I know that's not a word) books ever, and neon. Oh, and also dread for tonight's game and next week's practice. Sorry for all of the excuses, but I can't help being busy, right?


So now it's time to waste some time on this silly little blog of mine.

I found some story I had to write for school once. I wrote it when I was eleven. It's ridiculous and I believe I hated having to write it. Here's a little from it. It was supposed to be something about a kitten living with a family of ducks.


One day the ducks found a pile of corn. They all started eating it – all except for the kitten. “Why do you eat that stuff?” he said to one of the ducklings. “It’s good,” she replied. “Try it.” “No thanks,” the kitten said, sitting down and watching ants running in and out of their home. “That just looks disgusting,” he said to himself.

            The next day, while they were all in the barnyard, the kitten spotted a mouse. He crouched down and crawled toward it. “What are you doing?” one of the ducklings said behind him. “Shh,” the kitten whispered. “Be very, very quiet. I’m hunting mice.” “What?” the duckling looked confused. “Don’t be silly,” the kitten said. “Mice are just about the best thing to eat – well, other than fish.” “That’s…uh…interesting,” the duckling said, waddling away.

Oh my. That was silly. Oh my. I did not claim to be a fabulous writer, did I?

Well, I just found a story I wrote a long time ago. Oh my goodness, this may top them all. It's extremely silly (as you can imagine). Like the part where a seven-year-old wants to be called "Bob" instead of "Bobby". Wow, I probably that that was funny. What was I thinking? Nothing, apparently.

And let me just say: I love the Dragons in Our Midst books! I know, I've said it before, but seriously. I'm barely into the first one, but they are really good. The first day I started reading one, I was just like, "That's so cool!" - Which I don't really remember ever saying about a book. I typically just squeal or say, "That's sooooo adorable!" (I'm kind of cheezy like that.) I don't really know why I said the books were "cool"....ok, because they are. 

Tonight is our first home volleyball game. Yikes.

 

1 comment:

Kryn said...

Oh my goodness, your imitation of the story was so funny!